Monday, December 18, 2006

Failure, courtesy of NPR

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6196795

I heard the NPR story above when I was driving to work one morning. I got to the office and immediately located the text online, saving it to my favorites.

I find myself reading this article on days when I desperately need to calm down. Today was a funny day - I think that, due to an unfortunate combination of hormones and stress, that I've been frantic all day.

Christmas does that to people. So does the suprise engagement of someone that you've known biblically. So does a messy desk that never gets clean. So does the idea of Christmas shopping for your mom, with your dad. So does discussing internet connections with people in India who have to give you dumbed down, Americanized names - Kevin was today's lucky tech.

Regardless, read the article. Break many pots. That's my Christmas wish. Well, that and admission to grad school. An impeccable complection and a new job wouldn't hurt, either. BUT I do have a whole bag of homemade caramel corn, sitting at my fingertips. Nothing says Christmas like caramel corn. I'm off to live it up.

No comments: