Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Assignment

Tom has asked, and he shall receive. The assignment is below, and it's much more appealing than the homework I'm facing right now...

List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider to be “totally lame,” but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it:

1. I can sit down and eat Wavy Lays with Dean's french onion dip as a meal. I can sit and eat that until I am full. Many think this is gross; I think it is glorious.

2. My dancing. When dancing, it may look to outsiders like I'm extremely white and extremely sans rhythm, but in my head, it looks AWESOME. I love the way I look (in my head) when I am dancing. It's an added bonus when friends are embarrassed about this dancing, really.

3. My dad will occasionally drunk dial me on Monday nights when he gets home from his weekly basketball night with friends. When I tell people about this, it gets mixed reactions. Some think it's awesome or hilarious; others think it's a little sad and give me a look like maybe my dad has a problem. He doesn't, and I love those drunk dials because they are funny and affectionate.

4. I make a huge scene when a song I really, really like comes on in a public place. These songs take me by surprise, I get really excited, and I either sing along, gasp, or both. People think this is annoying but I think it is awesome.

5. I like to walk around in my underwear. Pants are for work. The only one who thinks this isn't embarrassing is my roommate. She's part of the "pants are for work" foundation. I think it's glorious.

Note: This took me a really long time to come up with. I think that I'm a pretty open person, and also I think it's tough to associate things that others find embarrassing with pride. There's almost a contradiction there, because if others weren't around, nothing would be embarrassing. Right?

4 comments:

Tom Drew said...

It took me forever to do this, so don't feel too bad about that. And I'm with you on songs coming on in public places. It's weird, because just this evening at work we were talking about our varying degrees of ability to tune out music in public. I am one of those people who absolutely cannot. So when we listen to a CD for weeks at a time at work, I start to go crazy pretty quickly if it's something I don't like.

Anonymous said...

I hope this is a pants wearing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Kitty,
I think you've got one hell of a list!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm fine with no pants...Matt's the only one with the issue (though, he no longer has any say after he stripped down to his boxers in the middle of the living room - which, as you know, means in front of a huge window facing the front yard and all of prairie village - after Whitney's wedding.)